Tips for Gardening
1. Stretch first. Warm the muscles to help perform your work more effeciently and with less injury.
2. Ensure correct posture and form. Avoid over reaching, frequent twisting, and prolonged immobility. Instead, use ladders, move to the job and face squarely to the projects that you are working.
3. Stay hydrated. When working in the heat ensure that you drinking enough water to avoid dehydration or heat exhaustion.
4. Protect yourself from the sun. There are many ways you can do this. Wear a wide brim hat. Wear sunscreen of at least SPF15 and reapply every 2 hours. Wear UV absorbent sun glasses. Limit exposure and seek shade when possible.
Happy Gardening! Enjoy the beautiful colors and the sunshine.
Tips for Shoveling Snow Safely
3. Push the snow; don’t lift it
4. If you do have to lift, bend at the knees
5. Avoid sudden twisting and turning motions
Give us a call at:
Jimmerson Chiropractic Clinic
1309 Front St.
Fort Benton, MT 59442